Monday, April 19, 2010

Wow! It's been awhile.

I haven't posted anything in a while. Partially because I guess I really haven't had much to say lately. Also I've just been so freakin busy with homework and chasing my little man around. Got Little man's Mri results back last week. The tumor has continued to shrink, Yay!! He still has to go in once a month for a check up though and get scans every three months. I'm just so happy he doesn't have to be on treatment anymore:)

So it's almost towards the end of the semester and I'm about to go insane. I have so much work to get caught up on as it is, and then finals will be coming up. I know it's mostly my fault for letting myself get as behind as I did. I have 8 chemistry labs to catch up on the next two days and I am not looking forward to it. And the labs is just the beginning of it...

On a positive note, I'm really proud of myself for staying on top of my calorie counts and eating properly. A lot of good that does me though when I haven't exercise since like the middle of last week. Oh well, can't be too down on myself I guess. I don't know whats wrong with me lately. I'm tired all of the time and have been feeling like crap the past few days. I haven't even felt like I've had the energy to get a workout in. I really think it's probably a combination of being stressed out right now, and allergy/sinus problems on top of that doesn't help much. Even if I felt better, I still probably wouldn't get in an exercise right now though. I really just have so much other stuff going on, and I've got to make homework a priority. Hopefully I'll feel better and will get caught up with stuff so I can resume my workouts later on this week.

I've signed up for Light The Night and i'm trying to get a team together. It's an annual event put on by the leukemia and lymphoma society. I think it's a really great way to try and raise funds to help cancer research and patients. Since my son got diagnosed last year, being an advocate and raising awareness for cancer is really important to me. I feel like getting out there and taking part in events such as this, is a way that I can do my part and to give back. I know what it's like to have a child with cancer and other family members and It is so important that people do what they can to help. I know the economy is in a terrible position right now, but if we can all just give a little, we can make a big difference. Cancer is a scary, dark word. We have all known someone close to be effected, and it's time that we take a stand and try to help, so a cure can be found. If you are interested there are Light The Night walks all over the US and in Canada. You don't have to be in perfect shape, it's not a race, just a walk. To find an event in your city, check out www.lightthenight.org I will post a link later if anyone would be interested in making a donation.

Wow, didn't mean to write a novel!!

Thats it for now, Hope everyone has a wonderful week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment