Monday, April 19, 2010

Uh-Oh


I did a bad, bad thing today! Yeah, that's right!! I had a royal turtle sundae from Sheridan's. It was so freakin' good, but after I ate it, my stomach felt sick with guilt and shame!! I L-O-V-E ice cream. It is my weakness. I've been so proud of myself the past few days eating so healthy, then bam! I let my sweet tooth get the best of me. I've got to learn better self control, I tell ya!

Although I did a bad thing, I don't feel so bad now. We went to the park afterwards and took a hike for about 2 hours on the trail and did some kite flying. I had so much fun, and burned some calories while I was at it. We are going to go again tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it. We had a discussion lately about spending too much time indoors. Also spending too much time on the computer. As much as I love technology, sometimes I resent it. It becomes a crutch, and we lose communication and touch with the real world ya know? So, that's been one of our goals lately, to spend less time on the computer or watching tv and just spending more time together. Plus, I have a one year old and he just loves to be outside exploring and it's a big, big world out there for him to discover. Last week we went and bought flowers to plant outside. We also picked up some kites, a frisbee, and bubbles. So now we can get outside and get exercise and have a good time together, just the three of us.

I gotta tell ya though, that walk left me a little winded!! That's a good motivator. I want to be able to run that trail by the end of the summer. Wait a minute, don't want to get too ahead of myself lol. I'll get there though. For some reason I'm just not a good runner. I'm just so out of shape and need to lose this extra weight. It'll happen though, just have to keep at it and be patient. Pretty soon I'll be running past B and the baby in the stroller instead of being the one to lag behind we they want to go fast.

I wish I could figure out how to do more to my blog. I'm not good at all the html stuff. I see that alot of people have created a weight loss countdown on the side of their blog. Also, they put up the links to the blogs they frequent. I want to do that, I just don't know how.

Last but not least, don't forget about Light The Night, I mentioned it in my previous blog. If you want to donate to the leukemia and lymphoma society the link to my fundraising page is www.pages.lightthenight.org/mid/KSCity10/SWhisenant.

No comments:

Post a Comment