Saturday, April 10, 2010

Happy Saturday

Perhaps I am finally starting to get the hang of this thing. Kind of still trying to figure out all of the html crap though, I haven't messed with any of that since high school, but I'll get there.

So glad it's finally the weekend! Had a wonderful day with my sister and nephew. We took the boys to the mall. I was bad and had gelato, but it was so damn good. And, I googled it when I got home, it's only 140ish calories so that's not too bad.

I made up for it and had a salad for dinner. I'm one of those types that have never been a salad eater. My taste buds are just so picky. I don't like lettuce, hate the texture. Not real big on alot of the other typical salad stuff either.

Thing is, if you want to be a healthy eater, you've got to try and get on the salad bandwagon. Fortunately for me, I've found one that I really LOVE. So if you don't typically like salad, you've got to try this, because I'm sure you will like it just as much as I do. Here's what I typically put in mine:

Baby spinach
grilled chicken strips ( if you are like me and don't always have the time to do the chicken yourself, just bad the precooked bags like the tyson's. They work great)
feta cheese ( optional)
mandarin oranges
sometimes i slice up a strawberry and throw some of that in there
white balsamic vinaigrette dressing

It is soooooo good, and low in calories. I have it at least once a week with a handful of almonds. Makes for a nice little lunch/dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment