Wednesday, May 5, 2010

welcome,w.i.w & more

First off welcome Anini, my newest follower. Welcome, thanks for joining! Thanks for the comment as well. Yes I did enjoy that birthday cheesecake, although I felt so overly stuffed and gross afterwards. Oops.

So here we are again for weigh-in wednesday. My how the week goes so fast. Let's go ahead and jump right into the results: I weighed in this morning at 178.8! I only lost 1lb since last week, but i'm not going to let it get me down. Besides, it was birthday time so I did cheat a little. I don't regret it.

Remember ladies, sometimes we've got to ignore that number and just keep pushing through. The scale fluctuates so much anyway due to water weight/time of day you weigh/ TOM etc.. As long as you are feeling good and you notice your clothes fitting better, having more energy, you are doing things right. The scale will catch up eventually. I may need you to remind me of that at one point, so try and remember! I really need to locate my measuring tape thingy and start measuring once a month as well. Even if the scale isn't being kind, knowing that i'm losing inches will make me :) !


I got a brand new workout dvd for my birthday. Yay! It was one that my sister recommended me. She has been doing it for about a month and has lost 15lbs and significant inches already, so i'm on board! It's the Biggest Loser Last Chance Workout dvd.


This video is INTENSE! It will seriously kick your butt!

What I personally like so much about this workout is that it uses High Intensity Interval Training. It's the first time i've tried circuit training and I LOVE IT!

The workouts include:
~ Warm-up (5 mins)
~ Last Chance Workout (25 mins)- just awesome! It's a rotation of 30 secs cardio, 30 secs strength training nonstop for the 25 min duration. You will be feeling it afterwards!
~ Upper body sculpt ( 10 mins)
~ Lower body tone (10 mins)
~ Cool down (5 mins)

You can choose to do the workouts individually or you can do the last chance workout program, which I am doing. It breaks it into 3 two-week sections. I just started yesterday and week one goes a little something like this:
M,W,F- warm up, last chance workout, cool down.
T-Th-S, warm up, upper body sculpt, lower body tone, cool down


This is my first Biggest Loser video, and I am a believer. Plus it was only 9 bucks at Walmart, you can't beat that! I'm sure to be buying more of these.

My boyfriend was watching me do it last night. He kept saying it looked easy. He's thin and not that out of shape so that's what he thinks. I made him do it after I finished. Boy was he wrong! By the time he was done he had sweat dripping down his face! Ha-ha!

Go out and get this video!!! Your ass may be mad at you for a few days, but you'll be glad ya did!

Also got a spiffy new blender. Yay! Made two really good post workout protein smoothies so far. I don't use recipes, I just come up with my own, and I like naming them lol . ( I don't have a pic for the first, but I do the second one.)

Sunrise Delight - Yum!
Juicy Juice Orange Tangerine juice
Ice
EAS vanilla protein powder
Frozen fruit ( bananas,strawberries, and peaches)

The one I made today was AWESOME:
I call this one the PB&J protein smoothie. It taste exactly like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Some of you might be thinking Yuck! But, it's actually really GOOD. I didn't mean for it to turn out that way, it was by accident but I am so glad. Here's what I put in it:

PB & J protein smoothie:
2% milk
Hershey's liquid chocolate milk mix
peanut butter
EAS vanilla protein powder
ice
Frozen berries (blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, and strawberries)


I will most definitely be making this one again. It tasted heavenly! It turned out looking like this:







Ahh, so good!

Well that's it for tonight guys. Man, I don't know if i'm doing it wrong or what but it seems like it takes forever to post these pictures and get them situated just right. It's alot of work, so thanks for reading! I'll be back later this week with some more updates on how the dvd's going and some more pics ( probably some ones of me this time)

May happiness and healthy thoughts be with you this week!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Awe thanks for the personal welcome. Thats very sweet. Glad your birthday went well!

    Your smoothies look delish. It's definately something I need to make more of!

    I have been looking for an exercise DVD lately but haven't talked myself into it completely. I really like getting outside for nice long walks/sprints so I'm scared I won't use it. When I was at my Walmart here there wern't any under 25$ and I was very dissapointed lol :( When I go next I shall look again. Maybe there are some hiding out on displays somewhere.

    Keep up the great work Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It takes me forever to situate the pictures just right too. Its a pain sometimes lol
    The smoothies look yummy and Ill def have to try that dvd out!!
    Ive been getting bored with my old workout dvd. The lady on it only wants to do floor exercises. Im ready for something more exciting

    ReplyDelete