Saturday, May 1, 2010

birthday

So tomorrow's my birthday. Yay. I'll be 26. Not so much on the Yay there. Oh well..

Had an awesome time with my sister today. We had a girls day( well plus my son) and did a little shopping and she took me out to dinner for my bday.

I have AVOIDED buying jeans for a very long time. Sadly, I just wore my maternity jeans forever because they were comfy. I didn't feel quite so appealing in them, but with the shirts I wore you probably couldn't even tell. Sadly it is time for those pants to be thrown away. Too many holes in them. I was forced to actually buy a new pair of jeans today. It was so DEPRESSING.

Those of you that have had a child, you know what i'm talking about. I feel like I don't know how to even dress my own body anymore. Usually I just wear these capri/sweat type pants and a tshirt. Not very flattering I know. But it's comfortable. However, I don't think I'm going to be able to wear this out to my birthday dinner. AND next month I am meeting some of my boyfriend's family for the first time. His grandparents from Florida are coming into town next month and we'll be meeting them in St. Louis for a few days. I don't want to dress like a total slob. That doesn't set a very good first impression.

Back to what I was saying with the jeans/having a baby thing. Pre-baby I wore a size 10 in jeans. Which still isn't my ideal, but wasn't terrible. Today I purchased one pair of size 18 JEANS!!!! I have NEVER had to buy that size before. Now i'm not knocking people that wear that size, don't take it the wrong way. I'm short! That makes a big difference. This is not good news.

Tomorrow I will be 26. I will be wearing a frickin size 18 jeans. I will be i'm guessing around 179lbs. My next birthday that is NOT HAPPENING!

Mark my words, by my 27th birthday, I WILL be wearing a size 10 jeans or less. Hold me accountable, because i'm going to make it happen.

I no longer feel comfortable in clothes. I don't feel comfortable or healthy in my body and that has to stop NOW.

Forget vanity. Forget self-esteem. Forget buying cute clothes. Think of any good reason right now why you want to lose weight and just throw that out the window. There is only one reason that should be in your mind right now that should be the driving force for you to stay on track every day.

L---I---F---E

Heart disease is the number 1 silent killer for women. That is a very real and very scary statistic. I don't know about you, but I don't want to be a statistic.

So next time you want that cheeseburger or that soft drink or ice cream ( yeah I said it, and you know I love my ice cream.) I want you to think about that statistic.

Do you want to enjoy that few moments of eating something unhealthy or do you want to enjoy and long and healthy life?

I'm not saying don't EVER eat that stuff. That's not realistic. I'm not going to lie to you. Today I had no birthday dessert and I ate a pretty sensible meal. But when I go out for my birthday dinner at my favorite place (cheesecake factory) on Monday, there is a piece of red velvet cheesecake with my name on it.

I know, I know, that doesn't quite go with what I just said.

but after all, It IS my birthday. I'll probably share it with the boyfriend too, I don't need a whole slice.

But let health be the overall driving force for staying on track on a daily basis. Indulging for a special occasion like a birthday is okay, but not all the time.

Just think about that. That's all i'm saying. And if you are like me, and you carry alot of extra weight in your stomach, that's putting you even more at risk for heart disease and other health issues.

Let that get you motivated this weekend.

Have a good one everyone! I'm gonna go work my butt off so I can earn that birthday dessert.

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely; enjoy that delicious cake tomorrow!!

    I've been wayyy off track, but I need to get back on. Thanks for the nice healthy reminder and motivation

    ReplyDelete